Add this webinar to your calendar:
This training will focus on the theory and practice of Paradoxical interventions. While the method has long been known for its effectiveness in working with treatment resistance the underlying theory has been considered a mystery.
Traditional approaches that include behavioral, cognitive, and psycho-dynamic methods are geared for clients who are motivated to cooperate and participate. However, historically these methods have been considered to be separate and different from each other. This training will offer a perspective that unifies these approaches under one 'theoretical umbrella'. The model indicates that it is possible to conceptualize exponential and rapid change.
This training is designed to advance our understanding in working with clients who show no desire or interest in participating with treatment
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Explain the metaphor of the Orbits-Gravity paradigm for diagramming the process of change
- Define the inverse relationship between the therapeutic alliance and abandonment
- Describe the importance of creating win-win double-binds for the lose-lose client
10 min: Orbits-Gravity theory
5 min: Win-win double binds
5 min: Therapeutic alliance soothes abandonment
10 min: Absurd interventions freeze the logical mind
20 min: Contracting for success, Scheduling and planning, Exaggerating
10 min: Addressing depression and suicidal ideation
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.