Add this webinar to your calendar:
Multiracial identity is a growing category in racial identification. Therefore, more representation and information is needed for service providers to best service this growing population. This presentation will bring awareness to service providers about the Multiracial population as well as educate on Multiracial Identity development and identity process. Discussion will briefly touch on the different Multiracial Identity Theories (social, psychological, environmental etc). A brief overview of a Multiracial study conducted on two local college campuses will be presented with a discussion of the findings. Finally, suggested methods to support this population will also be presented.
(Trainer: Dr. Vercera Harvey-White, LMSW, PhD, is a social worker who works with special needs children in Maryland. Dr. Harvey-White has provided numerous trainings on the topics of Suicide Prevention, Boundaries and Zones of Regulation. During her doctoral training she conducted a study on Multiracial Identity and Social Supports needed on college campuses.)
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Introduction of self and participants (10 minutes)
- Brief history of Race (20 minutes)
- 1 drop rule
- Definitions of race
- How do you identify racially?
- What does it means to identify as Multiracial?
- Brief history of Multiracial acceptance in the US
- DOE school regulations
- Presentation of College study (20 mins)
- Overview of 2 colleges and racial make up
- Materials used for study (Questionnaires)
- Results of study
- Social supports defined
- What does this mean?
- Suggested Social Supports for Multiracial Individuals (20 mins)
- Quiz (10 mins)
- Questions and comments (10 mins)
- Individuals will be able to define what it means to be Multiracial
- Individuals will be able to describe some Theories of Multiracial Identity
- Individuals will be able to describe ways of how to support the Multiracial population
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 1.5 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437