Add this webinar to your calendar:
Ever wonder what’s happening inside of you and your clients as you play? Come explore the primary role your nervous system takes in the play therapy room. Drawing from current research in interpersonal neurobiology, relational neurosciences, and more, this introduction to the nervous system will help you learn how to work with your own nervous system to provide a better regulated and connected presence for your clients. By doing this, you can learn to track, monitor, and work with the underlying physiology driving your behaviors and the behaviors you see in the playroom. In turn, your clients and their caregivers can settle into a felt-sense of safety, allowing them to move towards a deeper level of healing and growth.
- Participants will be able to describe the function of the autonomic nervous system and how understanding its function impacts the play therapy process
- Participants will be able to articulate the concept of neuroception and how play therapists can take steps to create an environment of felt-safety in the playroom
- Participants will be able to explain the importance of interoception and how this is the first step in re-patterning the child’s behavior in the playroom
- Participants will be able to identify at least 3 ways that play therapists can support nervous system regulation in a play therapy session for both themselves and their clients
- 1 hour: Brain development, nervous system & polyvagal theory (direct instruction)
- 1 hour: Regulation, relationships, and self-reflections (direct instruction, plus small group reflections)
- 2 hour: Interoception, supporting nervous system regulation (direction instructions, experiential, small groups)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 4 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.