Wednesday August 10th 2022 1:10 PM EST Machen Champion, LPCC-S, RPT, CATP, Certified Synergetic Play Therapist
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Ever wonder what’s happening inside of you and your clients as you play? Come explore the primary role your nervous system takes in the play therapy room. Drawing from current research in interpersonal neurobiology, relational neurosciences, and more, this introduction to the nervous system will help you learn how to work with your own nervous system to provide a better regulated and connected presence for your clients. By doing this, you can learn to track, monitor, and work with the underlying physiology driving your behaviors and the behaviors you see in the playroom. In turn, your clients and their caregivers can settle into a felt-sense of safety, allowing them to move towards a deeper level of healing and growth.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- 1 hour: Brain development, nervous system & polyvagal theory (direct instruction)
- 1 hour: Regulation, relationships, and self-reflections (direct instruction, plus small group reflections)
- 2 hour: Interoception, supporting nervous system regulation (direction instructions, experiential, small groups)
- Participants will be able to describe the function of the autonomic nervous system and how understanding its function impacts the play therapy process
- Participants will be able to articulate the concept of neuroception and how play therapists can take steps to create an environment of felt-safety in the playroom
- Participants will be able to explain the importance of interoception and how this is the first step in re-patterning the child’s behavior in the playroom
- Participants will be able to identify at least 3 ways that play therapists can support nervous system regulation in a play therapy session for both themselves and their clients
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 4 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437