Add this webinar to your calendar:
This course will begin with a general understanding of addictive disorders, and then focus on the specifics of opioid addiction. The presenter will discuss the general neurological and psychological process of dependency disorders, as well as the specific neurochemistry of opioids. The presenter will then cover specific evidence-based addiction treatment modalities. Learn about the risks and workings of opioids in order to help ensure a collaborative process in helping clinicians establish responsible opioid prescribing and effective pain management.
Continuing Education Language
Opioid Addiction-What, Why, and What Now?
Live March 21, 2022
Enduring through March 21, 2023
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and CE You! Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physicians (ACCME) Credit Designation
Amedco LLC designates this live activity / enduring material for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- What is addiction? (30 Minutes)
- Models for understanding addiction
- Opioid Dependence
- Similarities and differences from other dependencies (30 min)
- Neurochemistry (30 min)
- Specific risk factors in opioid use (20 min)
- The impact of opioids on the individual, family, community, and greater society (20 min)
- Harm Reduction vs Abstinence (20 min)
- Medication Assisted Treatment (20 min)
- Motivational Interviewing (30 min)
- Participants will be able to define dependence and demonstrate an understanding of dependence terminology
- Participants will be able to explain what makes opioid dependence different from dependence on other classes of drugs
- Participants will be able to outline basic approaches to treating opioid dependence
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.