Thursday, December 7th, 2023
Class 1: 11:00 AM EDT
Class 2: 2:45 PM EDT
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Full Day Webinar
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please email us here.
Opioid Addiction: What, Why, and What Now?
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
This course will begin with a general understanding of addictive disorders and then focus on the specifics of opioid addiction. The presenter will discuss the general neurological and psychological process of dependency disorders, as well as the specific neurochemistry of opioids. The presenter will then cover specific evidence-based addiction treatment modalities. Learn about the risks and workings of opioids in order to help ensure a collaborative process in helping clinicians establish responsible opioid prescribing and effective pain management"
Treating Chronic Pain with the Science of Mindfulness
1:45 PM -4:45 PM EST
This course addresses a persistent driver of opioid use and dependence: chronic pain. While this course will cover some chronic pain basics, its main focus will be on the theoretical and practical application of mindfulness practice as a chronic pain treatment intervention. The presenter will provide a neurobiological theoretical understanding of mindfulness interventions. The presentation will then shift into a practical understanding of techniques for clinical practice of mindfulness with patients, both for teaching the skill and for increasing patients' motivation to practice.
Shimmy Feintuch, LCSW CASAC-G is a New York City-based psychotherapist, professor, writer, and international public speaker. He speaks about issues relevant to community, emotional wellness, and spirituality, and has lectured in exotic locales like Kansas, Shanghai, and Brooklyn.
Webinars included in this package:
Certificates Provider -These webinars offer 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and CE You! Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. Successful completion of this program qualifies for up to 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Amedco LLC certifies that the attendee named above has participated in the live activity titled Pain-killers: Opioid Addiction, Chronic Pain, and the Science of Mindfulness, online, between September 10, 2021 and September 10, 2024 and is awarded the number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM listed above. National JA Provider # 4008163.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.