Add this webinar to your calendar:
When children, adolescents, and/or adults learners are poor readers, test-takers, and struggle with math, it reflects on their academic and occupational achievement and raises red flags for teachers and employers. As such these difficulties can inhibit an individual's lifelong goals. This workshop concerns these problems; Academic Anxiety Disorders, which involve Test, Math, and Reading Anxiety. What are the nature of Academic Anxiety Disorders? How do you identify/spot Academic Anxiety Disorders? How can you alleviate/remediate them? This new training with John Zbornik, PhD will take a fresh look at what clinicians can do to help clients navigate through and around their Academic Anxiety Disorders.
Academic Anxiety Disorders
Presenter: John Zbornik PhD
Defining the problem: Human Cognitive Architecture/Information Processing (30 min)
- What is Human Cognitive Architecture?
- What are the 3 components of Human Cognitive Architecture?
Human Emotional Architecture
- What is Human emotional Architecture?
- What are the components of Human Emotional Architecture?
What are Academic Anxiety Disorders?
- What is Test Anxiety?
- What is Math Anxiety?
- What is Reading Anxiety?
How does Anxiety interfere with Human Cognitive Architecture/information Processing? (30 min)
How do Academic Anxiety Disorders inhibit interact with emotional responses?
How does one spot/identify Academic Anxiety Disorders? (45 min)
- How does one spot Test Anxiety?
- How does one spot Math Anxiety?
- How does one spot Reading Anxiety?
How does one remediate/alleviate Academic Anxiety Disorders? (45 min)
- Instructional Remediation for Academic Anxiety Disorders
- Emotional/Affective Approaches: The Educational Alliance
Review and Summarize (15 min)
- Define Academic Anxiety Disorders: Test, Math, and Reading Anxiety
- Identify/spot Acadenic Anxiety Disorders: Test, Math and Reading Anxiety
- Describe instructional and affective remedial strategies to alleviate Academic Anxiety Disoders.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437