Add this webinar to your calendar:
When children, adolescents, and/or adults learners are poor readers, test-takers, and struggle with math, it reflects on their academic and occupational achievement and raises red flags for teachers and employers. As such these difficulties can inhibit an individual's lifelong goals. This workshop concerns these problems; Academic Anxiety Disorders, which involve Test, Math, and Reading Anxiety. What are the nature of Academic Anxiety Disorders? How do you identify/spot Academic Anxiety Disorders? How can you alleviate/remediate them? This new training with John Zbornik, PhD will take a fresh look at what clinicians can do to help clients navigate through and around their Academic Anxiety Disorders.
- Define Academic Anxiety Disorders: Test, Math, and Reading Anxiety
- Identify/spot Acadenic Anxiety Disorders: Test, Math and Reading Anxiety
- Describe instructional and affective remedial strategies to alleviate Academic Anxiety Disoders.
Academic Anxiety Disorders
Presenter: John Zbornik PhD
Defining the problem: Human Cognitive Architecture/Information Processing (30 min)
- What is Human Cognitive Architecture?
- What are the 3 components of Human Cognitive Architecture?
Human Emotional Architecture
- What is Human emotional Architecture?
- What are the components of Human Emotional Architecture?
What are Academic Anxiety Disorders?
- What is Test Anxiety?
- What is Math Anxiety?
- What is Reading Anxiety?
How does Anxiety interfere with Human Cognitive Architecture/information Processing? (30 min)
How do Academic Anxiety Disorders inhibit interact with emotional responses?
How does one spot/identify Academic Anxiety Disorders? (45 min)
- How does one spot Test Anxiety?
- How does one spot Math Anxiety?
- How does one spot Reading Anxiety?
How does one remediate/alleviate Academic Anxiety Disorders? (45 min)
- Instructional Remediation for Academic Anxiety Disorders
- Emotional/Affective Approaches: The Educational Alliance
Review and Summarize (15 min)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.