Add this webinar to your calendar:
This training aims to examine the common experiences and potential needs for late-diagnosed autistic adults, incorporating the lens of the trainer’s personal experiences as well as exploring research on individuals who received an autism diagnosis in adulthood. Autism is a spectrum, and this presentation will focus on those who received a diagnosis later in life, primarily those fitting the Level 1 criteria for support needs. We will discuss barriers to diagnosis, potential presenting concerns leading up to assessment/diagnosis, as well as resources and strategies for working with this client population in a neurodiverse-affirming way.
- Participants will be able to Examine common experiences of late-diagnosed autistic adults prior to a diagnosis.
- Participants will be able to Explore common needs and experiences of individuals following a diagnosis.
- Participants will be able to Identify neurodiverse-affirming resources to utilize or share with late-diagnosed autistic adults.
8:00 – 8:15am Introduction and Learning Objectives
8:15 – 9:00am History of Autism Diagnosis/Criteria and Overview; discussion of neurodiversity and language
9:00 – 9:15am Discuss focus on late-diagnosed autistic adults
9:15 – 9:30am Diversity Discussion: Address racial disparities in autism research; utilize intersectional framework in understanding autistic experiences
9:30 – 10:00am Examine common experiences and potential challenges for individuals before receiving an autism diagnosis
10:00 – 10:30am Explore common experiences and potential needs for individuals after receiving a diagnosis
10:30 – 11:00am Discuss and share neurodiverse-affirming resources to support late-diagnosed autistic adults
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.