Add this webinar to your calendar:
This training is an introduction to the theory and practice of Paradox Psychology and paradoxical interventions. The method is known for its effectiveness in working with treatment resistance.
In the field of psychology there is relatively little understanding in working with the treatment resistant client. Traditional approaches that include behavioral, cognitive, and psycho-dynamic methods are geared for clients who are motivated to cooperate and participate. Attempts have been made to modify these approaches in the hope that they will work with treatment resistance. However these methods often remain inadequate and clinicians ultimately must rely on the client's ‘goodwill’ to participate in treatment.
This training is designed to advance our understanding in working with clients who show no desire or interest in complying with treatment. Research indicates that paradoxical interventions have a higher rate of success when working with treatment resistance as compared to behavioral, cognitive, and psycho-dynamic approaches.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
5 min: Background - History, Master Therapists, Assumptions, Working with treatment resistance, evidence based
10 min: 3 basic aspects of all pdxi interventions - explain
10 min: Difference between pdxi and reverse psychology.
10 min: How pdxi differs from traditional therapies.
25 min: Exploring 'prescribing the symptom' and 'positive reframing'
- Identify 3 basic aspects of paradoxical interventions
- Describe how the focus of pdxi is different from other therapies
- State the difference between pdxi and reverse psychology
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.