Add this webinar to your calendar:
This training is an introduction to the theory and practice of Paradox Psychology and paradoxical interventions. The method is known for its effectiveness in working with treatment resistance.
In the field of psychology there is relatively little understanding in working with the treatment resistant client. Traditional approaches that include behavioral, cognitive, and psycho-dynamic methods are geared for clients who are motivated to cooperate and participate. Attempts have been made to modify these approaches in the hope that they will work with treatment resistance. However these methods often remain inadequate and clinicians ultimately must rely on the client's ‘goodwill’ to participate in treatment.
This training is designed to advance our understanding in working with clients who show no desire or interest in complying with treatment. Research indicates that paradoxical interventions have a higher rate of success when working with treatment resistance as compared to behavioral, cognitive, and psycho-dynamic approaches.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Identify 3 basic aspects of paradoxical interventions
- Describe how the focus of pdxi is different from other therapies
- State the difference between pdxi and reverse psychology
5 min: Background - History, Master Therapists, Assumptions, Working with treatment resistance, evidence based
10 min: 3 basic aspects of all pdxi interventions - explain
10 min: Difference between pdxi and reverse psychology.
10 min: How pdxi differs from traditional therapies.
25 min: Exploring 'prescribing the symptom' and 'positive reframing'
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.