Add this webinar to your calendar:
Sexuality remains an issue of concern and often despair for a great deal of couples and individuals with physical disabilities
This webinar will address the misapprehensions and barriers to healthy, accessible sexuality for people with physical disabilities. It will provide therapists with tools to assess the needs, motivation capabilities and concerns of their clients, even without expertise in the field of disabilities.
We will discuss using their client's specific familiarity with their abilities and preferences, to seek sexual satisfaction.
Beyond the work focused on the clients, we will also look into our own hesitations and discomfort regarding unconventional erotic and sexual acts.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- To gain a greater perspective and understanding of sexuality and disabilities from a sexual therapists perspective.
- To gain knowledge and understanding of sex therapy as a model for treating cases involving disabilities.
- To identify barriers and stigmas to healthy sexuality for individuals and couples with physical disabilities.
- To provide legitimization and information in working with clients in need of discovering their sexuality or in having a corrective experience.
- Gaining effective tools via visual clarifications and verbal explanations.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level Click here to see levels of programing : ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician: Click for Description :
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).