Add this webinar to your calendar:
Full Day Webinar
October 26, 2022
6 CEs $99.99
10:00 am - 1:00 pm EST
Positive psychology challenges the idea that success stops with bringing clients to their baseline. The idea of a baseline in an unprecedented global pandemic seems shaky at the least. Using the concept of post-traumatic growth, this strengths-based approach emphasizes working past alleviation of suffering, past merely surviving, into a place of thriving. This training offers guiding principles and specific tools for clinicians, identifying the goals and rationale of this approach in a post-pandemic world.
1:45 pm - 4:45 pm EST
The debate regarding the use of therapist self-disclosure in therapy sessions has been a long-standing dilemma for many mental health therapists. With research studies primarily focused on the use of self-disclosure with adult clients, the verdict is still out as to whether self-disclosure is appropriate and when it might be helpful. Limited research is available regarding the use of self-disclosure with child clients, and play therapists are tasked with the ethical decision of whether to engage in self-disclosure, how much and in what context self-disclosure is appropriate and how this might look during a play therapy session with a child.
This training focuses on examining the research that is available, discussing ethical considerations in the use of self-disclosure as well as exploring the types of self-disclosure and the possible reasons for engaging in self-disclosure as a therapeutic tool. The training will focus on the play therapy model of Synergetic Play Therapy, discussing elements of resonance, window of tolerance and co-regulation. During this training, the facilitator will discuss anecdotal case studies pertaining to using self-disclosure - identifying both positive and negative experiences. Interventions and techniques will be discussed as to how to utilize appropriate experiential self-disclosure in the play therapy room.
(Trainer: Christina Scott, LPCC-S, NCC is a licensed counselor and supervisor in Ohio. A proud geek therapist, she utilizes superheroes and pop culture in her work with clients. She is a Registered Play Therapist and is certified in Trauma Focused CBT. Christina owns an online private practice called Rising Action Counseling. She chose this field because she loves connecting with others and is a life-long learner.)
Webinars included in this package:
Certificates Provider -These webinars offer 6 Continuing Education Credits
All webinars in this series are recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.