Wednesday July 27th 2022 10:00 AM EST Christina Scott, LPCC-S, NCC
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Positive psychology challenges the idea that success stops with bringing clients to their baseline. The idea of a baseline in an unprecedented global pandemic seems shaky at the least. Using the concept of post-traumatic growth, this strengths-based approach emphasizes working past alleviation of suffering, past merely surviving, into a place of thriving. This training offers guiding principles and specific tools for clinicians, identifying the goals and rationale of this approach in a post-pandemic world.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
10:00 - 10:40am Introductions; Examine the effects of the pandemic on mental health and the importance of implementing a focus on wellness.
10:40 - 11:20am Educate on positive psychology and the PERMA model of well-being.
11:20 - 12:00pm Demonstrate specific positive psychology interventions and engage participants in practicing these strategies.
12:00 - 12:40pm Discuss the VIA Character Strength Survey and how to use in clinical work as well as in personal self-care.
12:40 - 1:00pm Discussion of additional resources; Q & A session
- Discuss three components of positive psychology as it is relevant to the current climate.
- Identify the 5 components of the PERMA model and identify how this model can improve wellbeing and resilience.
- Complete the VIA Character Strengths Survey and identify signature strengths as they pertain to professional and personal development.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.