Add this webinar to your calendar:
Positive psychology challenges the idea that success stops with bringing clients to their baseline. The idea of a baseline in an unprecedented global pandemic seems shaky at the least. Using the concept of post-traumatic growth, this strengths-based approach emphasizes working past alleviation of suffering, past merely surviving, into a place of thriving. This training offers guiding principles and specific tools for clinicians, identifying the goals and rationale of this approach in a post-pandemic world.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
10:00 - 10:30am Introductions; Examine the effects of the pandemic on mental health and the importance of implementing a focus on wellness.
10:30 - 11:00am Educate on positive psychology and the PERMA model of well-being.
11:00 - 11:30am Demonstrate specific positive psychology interventions and engage participants in practicing these strategies.
11:30 - 11:50am Discuss the VIA Character Strength Survey and how to use in clinical work as well as in personal self-care.
11:50 - 12:00pm Closing; Q & A session
- Discuss three components of positive psychology as it is relevant to the current climate.
- Identify the 5 components of the PERMA model and identify how this model can improve wellbeing and resilience.
- Complete the VIA Character Strengths Survey and identify signature strengths as they pertain to professional and personal development.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives