Add this webinar to your calendar:
This webinar will be a conversation about Practical psychoanalysis. Psychoanalysis, although sometimes seen as esoteric and not pertinent to today’s world, is the basis for all other forms of psychotherapy. Its principles are important to understand to work with patients. Psychoanalysis as a “practical” method will be the focus. Central to the discussion will be the clinical benefits and curative factors. The webinar will address the power of the work through understanding of the basic principles of psychoanalysis and psychoanalytic/psychodynamic treatment, including developmental issues, issues of the unconscious, and of defense. The treatment, including boundaries and limitations will be discussed. Learning will be largely through clinical material. How to begin the work, how to continue the work and how to terminate will be covered. This webinar will be the first of a two-part sequence.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to describe three main principles of psychoanalytic theory.
- Participants will be able to describe the goals of psychoanalytic treatment.
- Participants will be able to describe the curative factors in psychoanalytic treatment
- Participants will be able to describe important curative features of the patient/analyst relationship.
Introduction: 15 minutes
Psychoanalytic principles: 30 minutes
Determination of symptoms
Goals. Curative factors: 15 minutes
The Relationship between analyst and patient
(transference/countertransference): 15 minutes
Clinical examples: 30 minutes
Questions: 15 minutes
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.