Friday, March 1st, 2024 11:00 AM EDT -2:00 PM EDT Marc Lefkowitz ICGC-II
Add this webinar to your calendar:
With the introduction of online sports gambling, people with a gambling disorder are the fastest growing group seeking treatment for addictions. This workshop is a primer in problem gambling and treatment issues. Topics included are characteristics and terminology, similarities and differences between substance/alcohol and gambling disorder; a history of gambling in the United States; gambling DSM-5 criteria; the gambling progression; risk factors; family issues; and treatment options and strategies.
- Differentiate between substance use disorder, alcohol use disorder, and gambling disorder.
- Analyze complex case scenarios involving gambling behavior and apply the diagnostic criteria for gambling disorder as outlined in the DSM-5, while considering relevant clinical and contextual factors
- Analyze individualized treatment plans for clients with gambling disorder, considering their unique needs, co-occurring conditions, and ethical considerations, and justify the selection of evidence-based treatment strategies
- Introduction/Personal Story: 20 minutes
- Similarities and Differences with other addictions: 10 minutes
- History of gambling: 5 minutes
- Types of gambling and gamblers: 15 minutes
- DSM-5 Criteria: 10 minutes
- Other screening tools: 10 minutes
- Gambling Risk Factors/Vulnerable Populations: 10 minutes
- Gambling disorders and co-morbid behavioral addictions: 10 minutes
- Personal narratives: 10 minutes
- Family Issues: 10 minutes
- Treatment Options and Strategies: 15 minutes
- The spread of gambling and prevention: 10 minutes
- Self-help support: 15 minutes
- Recovery tools: 5 minutes
- Gambling and the Jewish Community: 5 minutes
- Summary and Conclusions: 5 minutes
- Q&A: 15 minutes
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.