Add this webinar to your calendar:
This is a 3 part workshop.
Compared with other modalities, psychodynamic psychotherapy is burdened by an esoteric theoretical terminology, and a much longer learning curve for practitioners to become fluent in its theory and proficient in its techniques. Graduate students nowadays in mental health training programs are typically exposed to a brief series of lectures about psychodynamic psychotherapy as just one of several treatment modalities which are considered to be core competencies for their therapy training. Even the best training programs in psychiatry, psychology, clinical social work, and counseling are unable to offer adequate instruction to allow their students as novice therapists to make practical use of unconscious conflict, transference and countertransference, dreams, interpretation, working through, and termination. Therefore, psychodynamic psychotherapy and psychoanalaysis are now frequently pursued by more advanced clinicians who are already seasoned and capable professionals, but who wish to deepen their therapy skills by learning more about how to make therapeutic use of unconscious processes. In this three-part seminar, Dr. Klafter will, without cumbersome technical psychoanalaytic jargon, describe the core elements of psychodynamic and psychoanalytic work at a high level for therapists who already have professional experience working in other modalities with patients suffering from a wide array of psychological problems. Dr. Klafter's emphasis throughout this series will be on practical, usable psychodynamic psychotherapy techniques. Theory will only be discussed as it applies to practical therapy interventions.
About the Presenter:
Dr. Klafter has been training psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical social workers, and licensed counselors in psychoanalytic and psychodynamic therapies for the last 20 years in supervision, seminars, and regular seminars at the University of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Psychoanalytic Institute.
Webinars included in this package:
Certificates Provider -These webinars offer 7.5 Continuing Education Credits
All webinars in this series are recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.