Monday, November 20th, 2023 11:00 AM EDT -2:00 PM EDT Rabbi Shlomo Slatkin MS, LCPC
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Couple's work can often feel overwhelming for clinicians. In spite of years of training in psychotherapy, the thought of having to manage the energy and the conflict of two people leads many therapists to run the other way. Imago Relationship Therapy is an approach with a thirty-year track record. It provides clinicians with a new perspective into conceptualizing conflict as well as a clear structure for running a session, allowing the therapist to remain in control of the room and achieve phenomenal results.
This interactive training offers concrete steps for providing successful couples counseling. Participants will gain confidence in couples work when they understand the methods employed by Imago therapists. Clinicians will learn how to better conceptualize the conflict that the couples is experiencing, and how to create enough safety to de-escalate the conflict and help the couple reconnect. Participants will also be exposed to the Imago Dialogue process and how it can be used to elicit more effective communication, understanding, and compassion.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participant will be able to describe the Imago Theory of why couples originally choose each other and how this relates to current conflict.
- Participant will Have a basic understanding of how to explore a couples childhood influence and how it affects their relational style.
- Participant will understand how to use the Imago Dialogue as an effective tool to resolve conflict and foster connection and healing
- Introduction- Ice Breaker (15 minutes)
- What’s so difficult about couple’s work? (15 minutes)
- The “law” of attraction- why we choose our spouse (30 minutes)
- The purpose of conflict (30 minutes)
- The Dialogue Process- a practical tool for healing (30 minutes)
- Demo of the Dialogue (30 minutes)
- Questions (15 minutes)
- Closing Words (15 minutes)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.