Add this webinar to your calendar:
THIS WEBINAR WILL NOT BE RECORDED
As professionals, parents, friends, and relatives we embrace and protect our children. Yet when does community intervention cease to be enough? When does the duty to protect require the intervention of the government? What happens when you don’t trust that the government will intervene in the most ethical wholistic way? What are my obligations as a citizen and a professional?
This interactive training will help participants determine their obligation to the child while struggling with their own biases and feelings. This training will help mandated reporters address their own internal conflicts so that they might act to protect children and promote safety in accordance with local (DC, MD, VA) laws and regulations. Participants will learn how to distinguish between their legal, ethical, and personal obligations as a mandated reporter. Myths and realities of being a mandated reporter and of the child welfare system will be discussed. Participants will develop a clear knowledge base so that they can make informed decisions and understand their rights, roles, and responsibilities as a mandated reporter.
(Trainer, Christian Greene, LICSW, has practiced in child welfare since 2005. She is the former Child Welfare Ombudsman for the District of Columbia)
CE You LLC #1573 is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. CE You LLC maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period 3/27/20 – 3/27/21. Social workers completing this course receive 3 continuing education credits.
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.