Add this webinar to your calendar:
Tinnitus is a phenomenon characterized by perception of sound without any external acoustic stimulus. While Tinnitus is reported to be highly prevalent, approximately 7-25% of those who experience report significant psychological distress from it. This talk will review and discuss the relevant research to help understand possible variables that lead to tinnitus distress and psychological methods to overcome and reduce the symptoms. Specifically, the focus will be on reviewing an acceptance-based protocol which offers specialized tools to suffering individuals to learn how to "unstuck" their awareness of the distressing stimuli. In addition, common obstacles to therapy and methods to overcome them will be discussed. The talk will conclude with a Case Example.
- Participants will be able to describe hallmark symptoms of tinnitus distress
- Participants will be able to describe a psychological conceptualization of tinnitus distress
- Participants will be able to describe basic techniques for treating tinnitus distress
What is tinnitus?
How prevalent is tinnitus?
What are the different types of tinnitus?
What is the difference between tinnitus and tinnitus distress?
Psychological Conceptualization of Tinnitus Distress
Somatic OCD as a model of tinnitus
Thought, Behaviors and Emotions associated with tinnitus
Personality Variables Implicated in Tinnitus
Ironic Process Theory
Behavioral Function to Tinnitus (Secondary Gain)
Treatment of Tinnitus
Identifying control behaviors
Practicing letting go of compulsive control strategies
learning to live with vulnerability and loss of control
The art of mindful surrender
The use of mindfulness for tinnitus
Managing severe episodes of tinnitus
Review and Summarize
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 2 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.