Add this webinar to your calendar:
Supervisors spend at least 80% of their time performing administrative tasks. This is an introductory course for new supervisors or for those contemplating becoming a supervisor in an organizational setting. In the first half of the session there will be a brief overview of the definition of social work supervision and its uniqueness compared to other types of supervision. In addition building blocks that are essential to being a savvy successful supervisor will be discussed. The second half of the session will focus on one of the essential building blocks -- feeling comfortable having difficult conversations with supervisees and avoiding conversation pitfalls. Be prepared for a lively session with case studies and breakout rooms for group discussion. (the course is for social workers, licensed professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychologists and others in the behavioral health field.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Defining Social Work Supervision (20 minutes)
- Definition of social work supervision
- Direct and vicarious liability
- Supervision in the time of COVID
- 15 Practical Building Blocks for Savvy Supervision (30 minutes)
- 15 essentials for good supervision
- Review of each building block
- How each building block will enhance supervision
- Presentation and discussion of case studies (20 minutes)
- discuss in break out rooms - come back to main group to discuss
5 minute break
- Giving and Receiving Feedback (75 minutes)
- Making appropriate requests
- Giving feedback
- Shari Harley Model
- SBI Model
- Video examples - Mel Robbins; HR360; Other video examples
- Case Discussion
- SARA Model --Feedback Reactions -
- Participants will be able to define social work supervision
- Participants will be able to identify 15 building blocks for savvy supervision
- Participants will be able to conduct difficult conversations
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..