Add this webinar to your calendar:
Stephen Porges, the researcher and neuroscientist who developed The Polyvagal Theory, has carefully outlined the science of safety, arguing that safety is absolutely central to therapeutic growth and social connection. Reviewing PVT's basic principles, we will learn how to apply them in order to build safety in the therapy room.
But what about our own subtle measurements? How do we each recognize the presence or absence of safety in ourselves and in our clients? Using short, experiential exercises we will examine the way we read our clients and assess the level of safety. We will track the creation and arrival of safety in the present moment.
Attention Maryland Social Workers: This class does not meet requirements for Maryland Social Work Continuing Education.
Please see: https://health.maryland.gov/
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to define and describe neuroception.
- Participants will be able to list the hierarchy of the Polyvagal Theory
- Participants will be able to name visible signs of danger.
What is neuroception? What is safety?
How is safety perceived by the brain? 30 min
Examples and case study. 30 min
Why is safety necessary?
How does the autonomic nervous system protect us? 30 min
What are the subtle ways we assess readiness in ourselves and our clients? Guided discussion.
Experiential exercise 30 min
How do we read/sense danger in our clients?
How do we return them to a "safe enough" state? 50 min
Review and summarize. 10 min
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.