Tuesday, April 2nd, 2024 1:45 PM EDT -4:45 PM EDT Crystal Bennett, LMSW
More than 50 years after Dr. King's speech, racial disparities continue to exist in various systems, including healthcare, education, the criminal justice system and those impacted by poverty. As a counselor, not only is it unrealistic to be racially colorblind, it is dangerous and does more harm than good. If you don't see my color, you can't see me. And if you can't see me how can you empathize with my racial experiences, accept my whole being and validate my perspectives.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able toIdentify 3 racial disparities that exist and the role in recognizing race in order to advocate and empower clients to fight against inequities
- Participants will be able to Define cultural humility and explore strategies to increase interpersonal and intrapersonal cultural humility to improve rapport building and alleviate further trauma
- Participants will be able to Evaluate the ethical implications of being racially colorblind in practice
Definition and Overview of Racial Colorblindness 25 minutes
(lecture, large group discussion, video and reflection)
Definition of Microaggressions and Impact 30 minutes
(lecture, large group discussion)
Recognition of Racism in the United States 30 minutes
(video, small group reflections & large group share out)
Ethical values, principles & responsibilities 30 minutes
Cultural Competence & Cultural Humility 45 minutes
(lecture, video, large group discussion, CoBRAS assessment & self-awareness activity)
Actions for Social Justice & Commitment to Advocacy 20 minutes
(large group discussion, individual reflection)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.