Add this webinar to your calendar:
Self-Disclosure: An Ethical Approach to “Knowing What to say, When to Say it, and How to Say it”
3 CE Credits - Ethics
Self-Disclosure can be a highly effective tool in connecting with others. In therapeutic situations, a certain amount of disclosure always occurs. Clients can discern (or guess at) our socio-economic status, gender, clothing preferences, and marital status, to name a few things, just by looking at us. But when is it appropriate to reveal our personal story when talking with clients? When they ask us about our own lives, should we answer the questions? What if the questions seem like they are a challenge to our “professional expertise”.
This session will be interactive – with some surprises! In this training, Tonya Logan, Founder and CEO of Kayla’s village, will discuss her own story and her approach to disclosure in working with clients. Participants will be encouraged to view challenges by clients in a positive and strength-based framework. Clinicians will gain a deeper ability to view clients seemingly threatening questions in a less prejudicial manner.
Whether we are faced with sharing information from our past or present, personally or professionally, we are often unsure of how that information will be perceived. Learn to use “less than positive” information to help build relationships and show clients that we can use our challenges to move forward rather than hamper growth
(Trainer, Tonya Logan, LCSW-C, LICSW, Founder and CEO, Kayla’s Village)
- participants will be able to consider whether sharing information from their past or present, personally or professionally, is clinically appropriate
- participants will be able to will learn how to utilize “less than positive” information to help strengthen clinical relationships
- participants will be able to show clients how we may use our challenges to move forward rather than hamper growth
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.