Add this webinar to your calendar:
This webinar will review definitions for different types of suicidal and self-harm behavior, provide framework for assessing suicidal risk, including imminent risk; use of chain analysis to develop a safety plan; brief overview of the effective elements of evidence-based treatment for adolescent suicidal behavior.
David Brent, MD is a child and adolescent psychiatrist at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, where is he is Academic Chief of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and holds and Endowed Chair in Suicide Studies. He co-founded and now directs Services for Teens at Risk (STAR), a clinical and outreach program for the treatment and prevention of adolescent suicidal behavior that has overseen the treatment of over 6000 suicidal teens over the past 3 decades. His team’s research has helped to define the standard of care for adolescent depression and suicidal behavior through work on the risk factors and effective treatments for these conditions. He is a member of the National Academy of Medicine and has been recognized by many professional organizations for his research contributions.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Attendants will learn how to assess adolescent patients for suicidal risk
- Attendants will learn how to develop a safety plan from a chain analysis
- Attendants will become familiar with evidence-based treatment for adolescent suicidal behavior.
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.