Add this webinar to your calendar:
This webinar course will introduce and define the parameters of child therapy when focused on safety awareness. A description of common factors which can create increased vulnerability during vacation time and summer activities will be reviewed, and tools for addressing self- and other- awareness, identification of risk and unsafe activities, tools for maintaining personal boundaries and self- respect, and techniques for introducing sensitive topics during therapy within ethical and tznius guidelines will be offered.
The first half hour of the course will offer practical child friendly tools to increase awareness of children related to sexual abuse prevention, during camp including topics such as:
• Rules of personal safety
• Identifying and listening to their inner voice
• Practical conversations and role plays related to camp (role model how to tell if they are uncomfortable)
• Grooming, boundaries, relationships are never a secret
• Handling peer pressure in camp
• “camp atmosphere”
For the remaining half hour, we will address educating parents of clients to keep their children safe during the summer including topics such as
• Review rules of personal safety…they apply in camp as well
• Who can they talk to in camp if there is a problem…be specific
• Family passcode
• Recognize signs and symptoms that your child may need help after camp
• Responding to a disclosure
• Video showing a parent child natural conversation
• 10 tips for Parents
Founder and creator of the internationally recognized Safety Kid program, Debbie Fox has facilitated a unique partnership between schools, families and children to create a safer world for our community’s youngest members; at home, school and at camp. Guided by her passion for keeping children safe, she established Magen Yeladim Child Safety Institute in 2013 and currently serves as its director, consulting throughout the world on abuse prevention and intervention. A licensed social worker, Debbie also lectures frequently and has published within her areas of expertise and most recently authored Seminary Savvy: Every Girl’s Guide to a Successful, Safe, and Satisfying Experience – in Seminary and Beyond. Her work as a consultant has been utilized by county and state agencies in the areas of child, family and cross-cultural sensitivity training, for which she has received letters of honor and recognition
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will learn skills for collaborative communication regarding child safety issues
- Participants will learn to assess common factors and realities which can emerge in a child’s summer environment
- Participants will learn techniques for introducing safety matters at developmentally appropriate levels
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.