Add this webinar to your calendar:
Supervisors should be knowledgeable of and skilled at the interrelated functions and responsibilities of professional supervision and the scope of practice for which they are providing oversight. Supervisors and supervisees should be proactive in familiarizing themselves with the specific requirements of their professional discipline and jurisdiction for qualifications for supervision and regularly reviewing for updates.
There is no singular, unanimous model for supervision within or amongst individual human services disciplines. To support students and novice clinicians build clinical competence, develop their professional identity, and shape future practice supervisors must establish expectations and standards to evaluate the impact and outcome of supervision.
In this training we discuss the key responsibilities of the social work supervisor and provide practical resources to assess the developmental progress of supervisees.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
Overview of Supervision (30 minutes)
Activities of Supervision: 3 Primary Domains
Context and Conduct in Supervision (60 minutes)
Understanding Scope of Practice as dictated by:
Health Occupations Statute
State Boards of Social Work Regulation
Risk and Liability Management: (30 minutes)
Direct liability vs vicarious liability
Ethical Decision Making
Review, Summarize, Question and Answer
Assessment and Evaluation (45 minutes) Group Activity
Articulating expectations of the supervisor and supervisee in the contractual agreement.
Situational Leadership as a framework for collaborative assessment of supervisee developmental progress.
Using the NASW, CSWE Standards and Grand Challenges for Social Work to establish a professional development plan.
Using Literature Reviews to facilitate critical thinking.
- Participants will be able to define supervision activities with steps to document supervisor intervention.
- Participants will be able to design a learning plan or supervision contract with specific practice behaviors to evaluate the professional growth of a supervisee.
- Participants will be able to describe how to adapt their supervisory skills to facilitate the competence of their supervisee.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437