Add this webinar to your calendar:
As many play therapists may know- or really, any of us who once walked the halls of middle school, drama is a culture of childhood and adolescence. Beneath the drama of catty comments and backhanded compliments often lies a foundation built on complex trauma. Drama is another word for play, and as is often the case, external drama can offer a mask to underlying trauma ingrained in a person’s psyche. Adolescence is hard enough. It is a time of uncertainty, of transition, of multiple changes into the unfamiliar and unknown. Add in the pervasive effects of complex trauma- multiple traumatic events or exposure, and viola! You have concocted a perfect storm of tumultuous teen angst. This training aims to examine the underlying factors of complex trauma, as this form of developmental trauma influences all facets of a young person’s life. Play therapists can benefit from a three-phase play therapy approach to stabilizing that traumatized child or teen, addressing underlying trauma themes and helping the young person reconnect with self, others, and the world around them. As deep-seated as trauma can be, it can defy any language to describe it. Play therapists can use the language of play to cross these barriers and help the child client access and share their story.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Define complex trauma and identify effects it can have on children and adolescents.
- Identify the three phases of an integrative play therapy approach to treating trauma in young people.
- Demonstrate at least two interventions for each phase.
10:00 – 10:30 a.m.Educate on complex trauma and implications of complex trauma in the treatment of youth.
10:30 -11:00 a.m. Describe the first phase (Stabilization and Safety) of an integrative play therapy approach aimed at treating complex trauma and provide case examples/interventions.
11:00 -11:30 a.m. Provide overview on Phase II (Trauma Processing) and illustrate with case examples and play therapy interventions to use during phase.
11:30 -12:00 p.m. Engage participants in an interaction exercise.
12:00 -12:30 p.m. Discuss Phase III (Reconnection and Reintegration); participate in case examples and specific interventions to this phase.
12:00 – 12:50 p.m.Examine and practice play therapy interventions during various phases of trauma-informed treatment.
12:50 – 1:00 p.m. Q & A, closing remarks
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.