Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 2:45 PM EDT -5:45 AM EDT Rozi P. Wax, LMFT, LMHC
Add this webinar to your calendar:
This workshop will explore and explain the function of the Autonomic Nervous System as it relates to the functioning of the brain and our emotional reactivity.
The therapist's familiarity with the functioning of this system enables them to see and process their clients' reactive behaviours in a new light. With this knowledge, a therapist can guide the client to awareness and freedom of choice in their emotional state as well as their ability to choose their responses.
As it will be demonstrated in this workshop, the functioning of the Autonomic Nervous System can be clearly viewed and processed within the framework of all evidence based modalities including CBT, EMDR, Psychodynamic, Ego State, body based modalities and more.
This workshop will include demonstration of some techniques and participants will have the opportunity to practice a technique in a break out session
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to list the parts of the triune brain and the varying activation of the Autonomic Nervous System
- Participants will be able to list the phases of Trauma Treatment
- Participants will be able to describe the process of Memory reconsolidation
- Participants will be able to implement the application of change of state exercise.
I- Description of the structure and the functioning of the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) - 20 minutes
II- Description of the Nervous System's coordination with the body's other systems. - 10 minutes
III - Understanding Nature vs Nurture in a new light and its therapeutic implications - 20 minutes
IV - Phases of trauma therapy - 15 minutes
V - The pupouse , means and positive effects of psychoeducation in ANS - 20 minutes
VI - Understanding the gift of resourcing before the therapeutic rewiring - memory reconsolidation. 20 minutes
VII - Demonstration of activating a change of state - 20 minutes
VIII - Practice in break-out groups - 30 minutes
IX - Process participants experience of the breakout session - 15 minutes
X. - Review and Summarize - 10 minutes
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.