Add this webinar to your calendar:
Researchers have speculated that the physical environment in which therapy takes place plays a vital role in determining whether or not a client stays in therapy. Have you ever wondered how you can best utilize your office environment to compliment your work? In this workshop we will explore relevant research on therapeutic office spaces, reflect on our own spaces, and discuss a variety of ways we can utilize our office spaces to complement and enhance our work as clinicians in daily clinical work. Attendees will walk away with ideas for creating intentional spaces for treatment that both themselves and their clients will find useful. This presentation is relevant for clinicians who work in office spaces with a variety of client populations.
- Participants will be able to list 3 ways (at least) in which the physical environment of the therapy office space can play a role in clinical work.
- Participants will be able to explain at least 2 theories related to the interaction between the physical environment and behavior/emotions.
- Participants will be able to state 3 (at least) ideas related to how office space can be altered to meet the needs and preference of themselves and clients.
Part 1: Overview of the information (total: 45 minutes)
Our physical surroundings matter: A general overview 15 minutes
Opening examples of space and behavior connection
Discussion of main theories
The office: 30 minutes
What makes up an office?
Generalizable Physical Components
Implicit Material Primes
Brief history of the therapy office
Review of literature and research on therapy office design
Discussion of therapeutic alliance theme and how this connects with the office space
Part 2: Putting the research into practice (1 hour and 15 minutes)
Designing for you and your values: 15 minutes
What do you have or would like to have in your office inspires gratitude
What do you need in your room to be your best self?
Going a little deeper with authenticity and values
Examples from research
Tailoring rooms for our clients: 15 minutes
Who is your ideal client?
What spatial experience does/would you like your room provide?
Examples from research
Ideal space visualization exercise 10 minutes
Thinking green 10 minutes
Virtual office spaces
Putting it all together: 10 minutes
Identifying our spatial priorities
Evaluating existing spaces
Resources for further exploration 5 minutes
Summary and wrap up 10 minutes
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 2 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.