Wednesday, May 8th, 2024 1:45 PM EDT -4:45 PM EDT Rivka Sidorsky, LCSW, AASECT
Add this webinar to your calendar:
The pre-requisite for the class is the completion of "Sex Therapy for the Non-Sex Therapist: Helping clients with their sexual issues in individual therapy" (morning class)
Many couples seek couples therapy. Most couples do not seek out a sex therapist for common sexual difficulties such as a presentation of “differences in desire.” It is essential that couples therapists have some necessary skills to address this very common sexual scenario. How do you help a couple when one person’s desire is so much higher than the other? How do you manage each of their needs without pressuring the lower desire spouse? How do you work with the couple without shaming the higher desire spouse? How can a couple get their “needs” and preferences met while committing to an exclusive and committed relationship? Is sexual desire a need or a want?
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Define the concept of sexual desire and differentiate between male and female sexual response processes, citing relevant theories and models.
- Examine the physiological, psychological, and relational factors that influence sexual desire for both males and females, identifying key contributors within each area
- Apply five distinct tools and strategies introduced in the workshop to effectively address and manage couples sexual desire discrepancies during therapy sessions.
30 minutes: Male sexual response and female sexual response cycle, DSM Diagnostic criteria
1 hour: Introduction to Assessment of Sexual Desire Disorder and conducting sexual history, what contributors affect sexual desire. Assessment Case study
1 hour: Introduction to Treatment of Desire Disorders and treatment interventions, how to specifically help lower desire spouse (LDS) and higher desire spouse (HDS) within the context of a couple
30 minutes: 3 Case studies
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.