Add this webinar to your calendar:
Many couples seek couples therapy. Most couples do not seek out a sex therapist for common sexual difficulties such as a presentation of “differences in desire.” It is essential that couples therapists have some necessary skills to address this very common sexual scenario. How do you help a couple when one person’s desire is so much higher than the other? How do you manage each of their needs without pressuring the lower desire spouse? How do you work with the couple without shaming the higher desire spouse? How can a couple get their “needs” and preferences met while committing to an exclusive and committed relationship? Is sexual desire a need or a want?
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
30 minutes: Male sexual response and female sexual response cycle, DSM Diagnostic criteria
1 hour: Introduction to Assessment of Sexual Desire Disorder and conducting sexual history, what contributors affect sexual desire. Assessment Case study
1 hour: Introduction to Treatment of Desire Disorders and treatment interventions, how to specifically help lower desire spouse (LDS) and higher desire spouse (HDS) within the context of a couple
30 minutes: 3 Case studies
- Participants will be able to define the definition of desire and describe the process of sexual desire for male and female sexual response.
- Participants will be able to describe factors within the three major areas that increases, reduces, and changes sexual desire for both males and females (physiological, psychological, and relational).
- Participants will be able to utilize and implement 5 new tools that they can use in session with couples who experience a large difference in sexual desire.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.