Add this webinar to your calendar:
What we do starts with who we are. Deciding who we are begins with deciding who we really want to be. Recently the President of the United States asked citizens, “What kind of nation are we going to be?” Political affiliations aside, as social workers and the leaders of moral resilience and courage, this is a call to action directly to us to help our society make the decision to be a nation that puts humanity first. In this training we ask social workers to engage in self inventory to answer one question; what kind of helper will I be?
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to explain the importance of Moral Resilience and state implications for social work practice.
- Participants will be able to summarize their ethical responsibilities for addressing social injustice as human services professionals.
- Participants will be able to identify resources and strategies to combat moral distress.
Defining social work? (30 minutes)
Brief history of the profession
NASW vs BSWE
Group Activity: Crafting a professional identity statement (30 mins)
Define the concepts of Moral Courage and (45 mins)
and discuss implications for social workers as leaders.
Critical Thinking Group Exercise (15 mins)
NASW Code of Ethics: Social Worker ethical (30mins)
responsibilities as professionals, to the profession
and to the broader society.
The use of counseling, coaching and mentoring as (30 mins)
key components to professional development
and advancing social worker capacity for moral resilience.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.