Add this webinar to your calendar:
Faith or religious beliefs can present a barrier to safety for individuals experiencing Intimate Partner Violence (IPV). Likewise, many people outline their faith and beliefs as justifications for abusive behaviors. This workshop will provide a foundational understanding of the intersection of faith and IPV. Participants will gain strategies to support survivors as they navigate safety, their identified obligations to their religious beliefs, and their associated emotions.
This workshop will also address worker cultural humility and the need for culturally appropriate intervention strategies addressing the intersections of faith/religion, gender identity, race/culture and intimate partner violence.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
Overview of Intimate Partner Violence
Overview of Intersectionality
The Intersectional Relationship Between Faith and Intimate Partner Violence
- Gender Identity & Gender Norms
- Relationship Status
Survivor Impact & Needs
- Cultural Humility
- Culturally Appropriate Strategies & Interventions
- Advocacy Needs
Q & A
- Define the relationship between faith, gender identity and intimate partner violence
- Identify the service needs of survivors navigating safety and faith
- Recall the impact of worker bias when supporting survivors representing the faith community
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437