Add this webinar to your calendar:
Schizophrenia is a complex brain disorder, which can present with a variety of symptoms. It is known to have an impact on multiple cognitive and functional domains. The study of schizophrenia is now focused on the neurodevelopmental nature of this condition. One important idea about schizophrenia is the stress-diasthesis or vulnerability hypothesis, which hypothesizes that individuals may have a genetic of neurobiological vulnerability to developing schizophrenia but that the development of the disorder is also related to life stressors.
Recommended treatments for schizophrenia now often focus on the use of neuropsychological evaluation measures that accurately assess areas of cognitive vulnerability. After that is completed, there are a number of cognitively-based therapy protocols that emphasize cognitive rehabilitation, coupled with coping skills development, social skills development, and the use of education and insight. There are a number of such protocols available and even one which can be downloaded for free.
- Participants will be able to understand the neurobiological basis of schizophrenia.
- Participants will be able to identify at risk populations and learn treatments that can reduce the risk of developing schizophrenia.
- Participants will be able to describe ways to evaluate schizophrenia and to locate appropriate treatment protocols.
Understanding schizophrenia as a neurodevelopmental disorder 1 hour
Group discussion of 30 minutes
Understanding ways to evaluate and to treat schizophrenia more effectively 1 hour
Group discussion of 30 minutes
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.