Add this webinar to your calendar:
Every client you will see is likely to have hurt or been hurt by their loved ones. This is understandably true of most of those who come to see you for marriage counseling and trauma, but it’s also the case when the presenting problem is addiction or another mental health condition. The focus of treatment may not be on the harm caused or suffered, but relationships need to be mended before recovery can be solid.
This workshop describes a process of healing and potential forgiveness for anyone in a relationship affected by selfishness, violence, abuse, addiction, or betrayal; whether they are the victim, the perpetrator, or both. It guides participants on how to assess the damage done and recognize codependency and vindictiveness, blocking the way from injury to peace. It gives pragmatic advice on how to help clients find safety, assert needs, apologize, make amends, and promote change.
This presentation recognizes and acknowledges that there are many cases where reporting is important and required to ensure child safety. We will discuss, briefly, ways to distinguish cases of maltreatment from cases of poverty and other non-maltreatment stressors where alternative responses may be appropriate.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will describe how to assist clients on assessing the damage done and weighing the damage against their resiliency and the positive aspects of the relationship.ill be able to
- Participants will list many of the ways victims may get off track and undermine their own recovery.
- Participants will describe how to help perpetrators take responsibility for their actions, make an effective apology, and repair the damage.
- Participants will describe how to help victims in ongoing problematic relationships cultivate change.
- Participants will learn how to help clients find peace when reconciliation is impossible.
(Segments are prerecorded, alternating with discussion periods included in the time estimates.)
How to Get Clients Started on the Road to Reconciliation, Or Personal Peace 30 min
Wreckage on the Road- How Victims Go Astray 30 min
The Mountaintop Moment- Seeing the Big Picture 20 min
Making Reparations 30 min
Cultivating Change - Asking for What You Want Effectively 20 min
When Problems Take Over- Dealing With Persistent Problems Such as Addiction or Personality Disorders 30 min
Achieving Personal Peace 30 min
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.