Tuesday, November 28th, 2023 11:00 AM EDT Simcha Feuerman
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Mental health professionals, like the people they treat, can suffer from arbitrary, distorted, or maladaptive beliefs. These beliefs can be about themselves, their work, or the world around them. They can be based on past experiences, negative self-talk, or unrealistic expectations. These beliefs can lead to problems in effectively relating to clients and excessive counter transference.
This workshop will address the clinical issues associated with some of the common distortions that can disable practitioners from functioning at their best to provide best practice therapy. Attendees will gain insights into the application of CBT methodology to examine their own beliefs about themselves in their practice, and to challenge the validity of beliefs that may be irrational and disabling and thus affect the client's care. The presentation will also explore transference and countertransference from a psychoanalytic perspective as they apply to practitioners’ boundaries, competency, and self-disclosure. Strategies for minimizing these dynamics will be provided. This workshop will blend CBT and Psychoanalytic techniques so that practitioners can use them dynamically during sessions and in reflective practice.
By the end of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Identify common cognitive distortions
- Apply CBT techniques to challenge their own irrational beliefs
- Understand the role of transference and countertransference in the therapeutic relationship
- This workshop is designed for mental health professionals who want to improve their self-awareness and clinical skills.
- It is also suitable for those who want to learn more about CBT and Psychoanalytic theory.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to will address the clinical issues associated with some of the common distortions that disable practitioners from functioning at their best.
- Participants will be able to gain insights into the application of CBT methodology to examine their own beliefs about themselves in their practice, and to challenge the validity of beliefs that may be irrational and disabling.
- Participants will be able to explore transference and countertransference, as they apply to practitioners’ feelings of guilt regarding boundaries, competency, self-disclosure, and finances. Strategies for minimizing these dynamics to reduce role stress and burnout will be provided.
- Intro 10 min
- Defining Cognitive Distortions 15 min
- Defining Transference and Countertransference from a Psychoanalytic perspective 15 min
- Distortions 1-17 @ 7 min each
- 21 min Summary and Q and A
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.