Add this webinar to your calendar:
Even though the DSM-V rejected obesity as a mental disease (2010), in the last 30 years researchers and clinicians find more evidence about the connection between emotional eating, emotional hunger, emotional neglected and overweight/obesity. In this webinar we will explore new understanding about the obesity epidemic, and we will learn as professionals how we can facilitate the healing of our clients and not just help them to manage their struggle with this ailment. Beside the theoretical side, we will experience together a short demonstration of a “mindfulness meal” which will help us become more emphatic to our patients. In order to change the statistic dramatically and make a real difference for over 100 million Americans who are either obese or overweight we must examine this field with a new pair of eyes and approach the issue from a new direction.
- The attendees will explain the approach obesity from a social-emotional perspective (and not just from a bio-medical perspective).
- The attendees will create a wider scale of awareness for the different kind of process which are used by the patient as a defense mechanism relating to his relationship with food and eating. This will help us to understanding more closely and accuracy the self-object’s needs that weren’t fulfill
- The attendees will describe both theoretical and clinical, how the self-psychology’s paradigm is being practice trough the relationship with food and eating of the patients
Explain the approach obesity from a social-emotional perspective. 20 minutes
Create a wider scale of awareness for the different kind of process which are used by the patient as a defense mechanism relating to his relationship with food and eating. 20 minutes
Describe both theoretical and clinical, how the self-psychology’s paradigm is being practice trough the relationship with food and eating of the patients. 20 minutes
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.