Tuesday August 9th 2022 1:10 PM EST Donna Veraldi, Ph.D.
Add this webinar to your calendar:
How is the world of Mental Health diagnostics changing? This new training will cover a variety of topics that have to do with diagnosing and treating mental health conditions, and a look at multiple diagnostic systems. Epigenetics will be discussed, including their impact on Adverse Childhood Experiences and Developmental Trauma. There will be a discussion of the neurobiological and neuropsychological basis of depression, schizophrenia, and PTSD.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
Compare and contrast existing diagnostic systems: 30 minutes of lecture with 20 minutes for breakouts to discuss a vignette. 10 minutes to return and discuss with the entire group.
Discussion of epigenetics for 30 minutes
Discussion of neurobiology of depression: 40 minutes of lecture with 20 minutes for group discussion
30 minute break
Discussion of neuropsychology of schizophrenia: 30 minutes, including 10 minute group discussion
Discussion of neuropsychology of PTSD for 30 minutes, with 10 minute group discussion
- Participants will be able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of different diagnostic systems.
- Participants will be able to understand epigenetics and the impact of the environment on mental health.
- Participants will be able to discuss the neurobiological and neuropsychological basis of behavior.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an advanced level ,and is beneficial for an advanced level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 4 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437