Add this webinar to your calendar:
How is the world of Mental Health diagnostics changing? This new training will cover a variety of topics that have to do with diagnosing and treating mental health conditions, and a look at multiple diagnostic systems. Epigenetics will be discussed, including their impact on Adverse Childhood Experiences and Developmental Trauma. There will be a discussion of the neurobiological and neuropsychological basis of depression, schizophrenia, and PTSD.
- Participants will be able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of different diagnostic systems.
- Participants will be able to understand epigenetics and the impact of the environment on mental health.
- Participants will be able to discuss the neurobiological and neuropsychological basis of behavior.
Compare and contrast existing diagnostic systems: 30 minutes of lecture with 20 minutes for breakouts to discuss a vignette. 10 minutes to return and discuss with the entire group.
Discussion of epigenetics for 30 minutes
Discussion of neurobiology of depression: 40 minutes of lecture with 20 minutes for group discussion
30 minute break
Discussion of neuropsychology of schizophrenia: 30 minutes, including 10 minute group discussion
Discussion of neuropsychology of PTSD for 30 minutes, with 10 minute group discussion
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 4 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an advanced level ,and is beneficial for an advanced level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.