Add this webinar to your calendar:
“Trickle down self-efficacy”
ADHD is a very common yet complicated diagnosis that challenges the individual with the Dx, the caregivers, and even clinicians. ADHD affects so many aspects of life and often presents complications in the primary areas of daily life; work/school, family, and interpersonal relationships. The linchpin of most of these struggles are the executive functioning deficits inherent in the ADD/ADHD brain. These struggles are exacerbated by a lifetime of compounded declines in self-efficacy and self-esteem.
The key to effective treatment is to help the ADHD person regain their self-esteem and self-efficacy through increased competence in daily functioning. This helps increase their positive feedback from work/school, family, and friends. Hopefully, as they make more consistent and habitual adaptations, their increased self-efficacy can trickle down throughout other areas of life.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to describe the lived experience of a person with ADHD.
- Participants will be able to identify three interventions to increase self effectively aid those with ADHD.
Defining the Corrosive Problems of ADHD [25 min]
- The Neurological Deficits [5 min]
- The Primary Affected Areas of Life [10 min]
- The Sense of Self; the key to increased performance [10 min]
The Need to Increase Self-Efficacy [10 min]
- People with ADHD often lack accurate self-awareness.
- People with ADHD are usually very self-critical and constantly criticize themselves
- People unconsciously track their personal performance.
- People need real change in their behaviors in order to affect change in self-perception.
How to Increase Self-Efficacy [15 min]
- Increase Self Awareness
- Behavioral Interventions
- Adaptive Internal Dialogue (“I’m almost done,”… “I did this part better than last time…” etc.)
Summary and Q and A from the Audience [10 min]
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.