Sunday, January 14th, 2024 2:00 PM EDT -5:45 PM EDT Robin S Cohen, PhD, PsyD
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Historically, health care practitioners have treated pain as a sensory experience occurring in the body. Fortunately, over time, a more comprehensive vision of pain has emerged centering the pain in the brain, as a mind-body phenomenon.
This workshop will provide an understanding of how intricately pain is linked to the psyche. We will demonstrate ways of evaluating and treating pain using our knowledge of psychology, psychotherapy and neuroscience.
(Trainer Robin S. Cohen, PhD, PsyD received her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from UCLA. Dr. Cohen completed an internship at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, specializing in Medical Psychology and trained in Hypnosis. In 1998, she received a Psy.D. from the Institute of Contemporary Psychoanalysis (ICP). Dr. Cohen is currently a Training and Supervising Analyst at ICP, as well as past President of the ICP Board of Directors. Additionally she is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry of UCLA, involved in clinical training.
Dr. Cohen’s focus is contemporary relational psychoanalytic approaches, object-relations, trauma focused psychotherapy, the relationship between the mind, the body and the brain, and mindfulness approaches.)
This presentation is open to:
A Therapists Guide to Understanding Chronic Pain
Live January 14, 2024
Enduring through January 14, 2024
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and CE You! Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physicians (ACCME) Credit Designation
Amedco LLC designates this live activity / enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Participants will be able to identify the important link between chronic pain and emotional factors.
- Participants will be able to describe various ways to assess a pain patient in order to develop a treatment plan
- Participants will be able to summarize the primary effective treatment strategies for chronic pain.
- What is chronic pain? (20 minutes)
- Historical concepts of pain.
- Current definition of chronic pain.
- Why it is important for you to understand pain.
- Mind-body dynamics in chronic pain conditions. (30 minutes)
- The interplay of emotions and pain.
- Psychological factors affecting pain experience.
- Psychological sequalae of chronic pain.
- Trauma and Pain
- Evaluating a referral: Is this someone who I should and can treat? (20 minutes)
- Treatment modalities. (60 minutes)
- Multidisciplinary treatment
- Cognitive Therapies
- Psychoanalytic Approaches
- EMDR and Trauma Focused treatments
- Mindfulness approaches
- Case discussion (disguised case) (30 minutes).
- Questions (20 minutes)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.