Add this webinar to your calendar:
Internal Family Systems(IFS) therapy brings new and innovative ways to access the Self of the Therapist. In challenging times, psychotherapists are the silent "frontline" workers, called upon to help those affected by the crisis at hand to maintain and to heal. At the same time that we are intending to be there for others, our own parts carry stressors and burdens silently into the therapy room. This course is designed to give therapists an overview of the IFS perspective on the Self of the therapist. Participants will then be introduced to some of the common "parts" that show up for clinicians in crisis times. They will then begin to experientially explore their own parts with curiosity, compassion & appreciation. Participants will then be able to utilize the wisdom of their parts to inform their interactions with clients without overwhelming the sessions. Through a series of exercises and experiences, participants will learn how to "un-blend" from their own parts and to bring more "Self Energy" to their work. This course will be taught using a combination of a didactic, experiential, and demonstration techniques. It is designed for both those who are new to IFS and for those who are experience IFS therapist.
Mary Kruger, MS, LMFT is an IFS Lead trainer and has taught and practiced psychotherapy for over 20 years using the IFS model. she is also an AAMFT approved supervisor, who emphasizes and guides supervisees, trainees; and those who are consulting, on the importance of the Self of the therapist in working with clients.
- Participants will be able to identify and name the common therapists parts that activate during a crisis
- Participants will learn to identify the key parts of the internal system.
- Participants will learn and be able to apply techniques for un-blending from their therapist parts.
- Participants will be able to name and identify key elements of a "Self Led" therapist.
1. Introduction & Meditation - The Path (15 minutes)
2. The Healing Agent - The Self of the Therapist (10 minutes)
3. Overview of Multiplicity, Self & Parts (30 minutes)
4. Common Therapist Parts in a Crisis(15 minutes)
5. Experiential of a Therapist part. (15 minutes)
6. Short Break (5 minutes)
7. Demonstration of Therapist parts interfering with a session. (30 minutes)
8. Un-blending from Therapist parts using " The Room Technique" exercise. (30 minutes)
9. Sharing exercises and examples of how to un-blend and maintain Self Energy during a session. (20)
10. Summary & Integration (10)
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.