Tuesday November 16th 2021 1:45 PM EST Eryca Kasse, LICSW
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Clients living with substance misuse & addiction often have histories of emotional, physical and/or sexual trauma. The 12 Step groups AA and NA are the most widespread and available peer support groups for addiction recovery, though some language of the 12 Steps may be contraindicated for survivors of trauma.
This training provides an introduction to broadened definitions of trauma with examples throughout the lifespan. We will review the key principles of Trauma Informed Care by SAMHSA. Participants will also explore the relationship between unhealed trauma and the development of substance use disorders through an overview of the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACES). We will analyze language of the 12 steps through a trauma informed lens, offering alternative language options to promote healing empowerment & prevent re-traumatization; Attendees will come away with resources to refer clients seeking peer support alternatives to the 12 steps.
**This Training is Not Affiliated with AA, NA or any 12 Step program or entity**
(Trainer, Eryca Kasse, LICSW, Founder, CHOICES in Healing & Recovery)
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
*exclusions apply for reasonable need and cause.