Add this webinar to your calendar:
10:00 AM EST - 4:45 EST
6 Hours, 6 CEs
Attachment experiences between young children and caregivers wire brain circuits, alter biochemistry, create core beliefs and narratives, and form the template for future relationships. Early developmental trauma (i.e., disrupted attachment), as well as abuse, neglect, and other traumatic experiences, often results in depression, anxiety, emotional dysregulation, behavioral acting-out, shame, dissociation, identity confusion, and inability to maintain healthy relationships.
In this webinar, trauma, attachment, and family therapy expert, Terry M. Levy, Ph.D., will teach you the concepts and clinical skills necessary to create positive change and healing with clients experiencing trauma and attachment problems. Via PowerPoint and clinical videos, you will learn cognitive, emotional, social and experiential interventions to help children, adults, couples and families regarding the following issues: negative attitudes and beliefs; insecure attachment styles; PTSD symptoms; unhealthy relationship patterns; communication and conflict-management skills; anger-management, impulse control, and other prosocial coping skills; sense of identity (from victim to overcomer); mitigating intergenerational trauma; rewiring the traumatized brain; learning therapeutic (healing) parenting.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Describe the psychological, social, cognitive and biological aspects of trauma and disrupted attachment.
- Use the Life Script to assess and treat attachment patterns.
- Employ Attachment Communication Training to help family members achieve trust and security.
- Basic Principles - 60 minutes
- Family Systems
- Neurobiology of trauma
- Secure and disordered attachment
- PTSD symptoms
- Experiential change
- Holistic approach
- Positive psychology
- Core Concepts of Child Development - 60 minutes
- Nurturing and dependable relationships
- Attachment and the brain
- Biology and experience
- Risk and protective factors
- Attachment and Trauma - 30 minutes
- First year attachment cycle
- Internal working models
- Child and adult attachment styles
- Biopsychosocial effects of trauma
- Therapy: Assessment and Interventions - 30 minutes
- Therapeutic goals and methods
- Life Script assessment tool
- Attachment Communication Training
- Video Case Example - 120 minutes
- Child and family background
- Therapeutic goals and interventions are illustrated and explained
- Therapeutic outcomes, follow-up and aftercare are explained
- Questions and Answers - 60 minutes
- Q & A with Dr. Levy
- Application of therapy to various clinical settings
- Review and summarize
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 6 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.