Thursday, May 9th, 2024 10:00 AM EDT -4:45 PM EDT Sherrie L. Ludwick, LCPC, NCC, SEP
Full Day Webinar
This Full Day Webinar includes a total of 6 CE Credits.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW".
If you have any difficulty registering, please contact usHERE
Best Approaches in Trauma Treatment
10:00 am - 4:45 pm EST (6 CE Credits)
We all strive to be the best therapist for the people that pay us to assist them. Many trainings profess to have the answer to treating trauma. Therapists begin to wonder if they are using the best approaches.
Part I of this training is an introduction to different techniques used to work with people to heal from trauma situations (single incident or long term). An introduction to Somatic Therapies, Art Therapy, Mindfulness, and Meditation are included. Work from Van der Kolk, Levine, Ogden, and others will be introduced to give an overview of what is currently being promoted as therapies and techniques for trauma in best practice.
Part II of this training will give therapists an opportunity to observe and practice some of these different techniques in order to bring some ideas back that can be integrated into practice. This training will give therapists ideas that they can build upon and ways to identify where they might like to learn more to further their knowledge base.
(Trainer, Sherrie L. Ludwick, LCPC, NCC is a relationship repair specialist, and is trained in Somatic Experiencing & other techniques used to treat trauma. Sherrie is also an AASECT certified Sex Therapist and a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) certified by the Somatic Experiencing Institute)
This One Day Seminar includes a total of 6 CEs.
Sherrie L. Ludwick is a highly experienced and certified therapist with expertise in trauma treatment. Her qualifications include:
- Extensive experience as a Licensed Professional Counselor
- Specialization in trauma treatment as a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP)
- Advanced training as a Level 2 Internal Family Systems (IFS) Practitioner
- Certification in Transforming the Experience-Based Brain (TEB)
- Certified to use Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) for trauma therapy
- Recognized as a Certified Sex Therapist by the American Association for Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT)
- Participants will be able to analyze and assess three underlying therapeutic needs that are essential for effective trauma sessions.
- Participants will be able to evaluate the significance of the polyvagal theory in trauma treatment, including its impact on client outcomes and therapeutic approaches.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate proficiency in applying three advanced techniques for facilitating somatic engagement with clients, emphasizing the integration of body-oriented interventions
- Participants will be able to examine and synthesize critical components of Levines trauma cycle theory, illustrating how it informs trauma treatment strategies.
- Participants will be able to utilize the concept of the hand-brain connection to enhance trauma-informed therapeutic interventions and client outcomes.
10:20 Defining Trauma (Movie, lecture)
Types of Trauma (Powerpoint slides)
Developmental Trauma. “
10:40 Tips for working with Trauma. “
11:00-11:17 Brain Structure. Powerpoint & Discussion
11:20 am Morning Break
11:30 am Nervous System Powerpoint & Lecture
12:00am Causes of Trauma Video
12:30am Attachment and Stressors Lecture
12:40am General overview of Trauma Treatments
1:00 pm Lunch – 45 min
1:45 pm Treatments for Trauma. Video & Powerpoint
2:30pm Strategies for Regulation. Demonstrations
2:45 Working with Children. Videos
3:15 Understanding Emotions
3:30 Practice Techniques. Demonstration/ Guided Meditation/Art
4:00 pm Afternoon Break
4:15 pm Break out groups
4:40 Summing Up and Resources
4:45 pm Conclusion
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- This course, Best Approaches in Trauma Treatment!, Approval 01012023-8 provided by NEFESH: The International Network of Orthodox Mental Health Professionals, is approved for continuing education by the New Jersey Social Work Continuing Education Approval Collaborative, which is administered by NASW-NJ. CE Approval Collaborative Approval Period: Tuesday, January 3, 2023 through August 31, 2024. New Jersey social workers will receive 6 Clinical CE credit for participating in this course.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.