Add this webinar to your calendar:
In his book Healing Trauma, Peter Levine writes, "If you bring forth that which is within you, Then that which is within you Will be your salvation. If you do not bring forth that which is within you, Then that which is within you Will destroy you." When one experiences the clutching grasp of trauma, it has the power to change their life forever. However, as clinicians, we can turn that power into tremendous healing and growth for our clients by creating a safe space to explore and process the trauma rather than letting history repeat itself. In my years of working with trauma survivors, I have seen many clients repeating their trauma stories repeatedly in a desperate attempt to heal from it. As Peter Levine beautifully states, "Re-enactments may be played out in intimate relationships, work situations, repetitive accidents or mishaps, and other seemingly random events. They may also appear in the form of bodily symptoms or psychosomatic diseases. Children who have had a traumatic experience repeatedly recreate it in their play. As adults, we are often compelled to re-enact our early traumas in our daily lives. The mechanism is similar regardless of the individual's age."
In this training, we will define what trauma is and its effects on a person's mind and body. We will further explore together, using up-to-date research, why our clients tend to repeat the traumas they so deeply want to heal from. I will educate the audience on research-based interventions for healing childhood wounds through IFS techniques, mindfulness exercises, and somatic interventions. As well as practice some hands-on experiential together to help us better understand, as clinicians, how to treat our inner child and the wounds they carry within us.
"Trauma is not what happens to us, but what we hold inside in the absence of an empathetic witness." (Levine, Peter). When we can hold our clients in their pain and feel prepared and confident enough, we create a safe place for proper healing. I hope this training will allow for the skills and tools to do just that.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to define trauma and understand how it effects mind and body
- Participants will be able to explain why our clients tend to retraumatize in attempt to heal themselves
- Participants will be able to utilize interventions and techniques to help their clients heal their childhood wounds
Define Trauma; explain how trauma affects the mind and body using research as well as actual case examples (30 min)
Explore Trauma bonding and the psychology behind why we repeat in hopes of healing, explore why the inner child "gets stuck" (20 min)
Inner child mindfulness exercise- interactive experiential (10 min)
Interventions and techniques to heal from childhood trauma and how we help our adult clients feel safe enough to process them (40 min)
Summarize and questions (20 min)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 2 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.