Thursday August 11th 2022 1:45 PM EST Shimmy Feintuch, LCSW CASAC-G
Add this webinar to your calendar:
This course addresses a persistent driver of opioid use and dependence: chronic pain. While this course will cover some chronic pain basics, its main focus will be on the theoretical and practical application of mindfulness practice as a chronic pain treatment intervention. The presenter will provide a neurobiological theoretical understanding of mindfulness interventions. The presentation will then shift into a practical understanding of techniques for clinical practice of mindfulness with patients, both for teaching the skill and for increasing patients' motivation to practice.
Continuing Education Language
Treating Chronic Pain with the Science of Mindfulness
Live March 21, 2022
Enduring through March 21, 2023
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and CE You! Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physicians (ACCME) Credit Designation
Amedco LLC designates this live activity / enduring material for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Introduction to Chronic Pain (20 min)
- Psychogenic and Somatogenic Pain (20 min)
- Introduction to Mindfulness as a Clinical Tool (30 min)
- The Science of Mindfulness (30 min)
- Practical Mindfulness Tools (60 min)
- Urge Surfing
- The Application of Mindfulness in Clinical Psychotherapy and Medical Practice (20 min)
- Participants will be able to define Chronic pain
- Participants will be able to define mindfulness and explain how it can be be used to treat chronic pain
- Participants will be able to demonstrate the teaching of practical mindfulness skills
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.