Add this webinar to your calendar:
Most clients will struggle with some aspect of their sex life, whether it is issues with sexual desire, sexual anxiety or aversion, sexual frustration, problems with arousal and orgasm, differences in desire between partners, or painful sex. However, many clients go no further than their individual or couples therapist to work on their sexual concerns. This seminar introduces individual and couples therapists to the basics of helping their clients with their sexual concerns. This will give you the basic anatomy, physiology, and practices of sex therapy to have enough competence and confidence to both talk to and help many of your clients in your practice.
- Individual and Couples Therapists will be able to identify main process of human sexual response from physiological, relational, and psychological perspectives
- They will be able to describe the major areas of sexual difficulties in male and female sexual dysfunction per DSM diagnoses of sexual dysfunctions.
- They will describe and utilize the techniques and therapeutic strategies to help clients with a wide variety of sexual concerns.
- Participants will be able to identify when a referral is needed for certified sex therapist, gynecologist, or other medical providers.
30 minutes: Male sexual response and female sexual response cycle, DSM Diagnostic criteria for sexual dysfunctions
1 hour: Introduction to Assessment of sexual dysfunctions and conducting sexual history, what contributors affect sexual functioning. Assessment Case study
1 hour: Introduction to Treatment of sexual dysfunctions and treatment interventions and therapeutic strategies for couples with desire, pain, performance, and orgasm difficulties
30 minutes: 3 Case studies
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.