Add this webinar to your calendar:
Most clients will struggle with some aspect of their sex life, whether it is issues with sexual desire, sexual anxiety or aversion, sexual frustration, problems with arousal and orgasm, differences in desire between partners, or painful sex. However, many clients go no further than their individual or couples therapist to work on their sexual concerns. This seminar introduces individual and couples therapists to the basics of helping their clients with their sexual concerns. This will give you the basic anatomy, physiology, and practices of sex therapy to have enough competence and confidence to both talk to and help many of your clients in your practice.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
30 minutes: Male sexual response and female sexual response cycle, DSM Diagnostic criteria for sexual dysfunctions
1 hour: Introduction to Assessment of sexual dysfunctions and conducting sexual history, what contributors affect sexual functioning. Assessment Case study
1 hour: Introduction to Treatment of sexual dysfunctions and treatment interventions and therapeutic strategies for couples with desire, pain, performance, and orgasm difficulties
30 minutes: 3 Case studies
- Individual and Couples Therapists will be able to identify main process of human sexual response from physiological, relational, and psychological perspectives
- They will be able to describe the major areas of sexual difficulties in male and female sexual dysfunction per DSM diagnoses of sexual dysfunctions.
- They will describe and utilize the techniques and therapeutic strategies to help clients with a wide variety of sexual concerns.
- Participants will be able to identify when a referral is needed for certified sex therapist, gynecologist, or other medical providers.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.