Add this webinar to your calendar:
We will present a basic overview to the theory and key points of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, emphasizing how irrational beliefs lead to unhealthy emotions. We will present the ABC model for identifying and then disputing irrational beliefs, focusing on examples of anxiety and anger.
- Attendees will be able to describe the REBT theory of emotional and behavioral change that can ameliorate anxiety and anger to help one achieve life goals
- Attendees will be able to identify specific irrational beliefs and cognitive distortions as they relate to generating anxiety and anger
- Attendees will be able to state empirically-derived treatment strategies for the treatment of anger and anxiety
- Attendees will be able to fill in an ABC framework of their own, as it relates to an anger or anxiety related case.
Part 1 - Basic Overview of REBT & Irrational Beliefs (15 minutes)
Part 2 - Demonstration of the ABC model for anxiety (15 minutes)
Part 3 - Demonstration of the ABC model for anger (15 minutes)
Part 4 - Attendees will attempt to work through an ABC on their own, using a communal example (10 minutes to try, 5 minutes to review)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.